Hi! 👋 I bring some good news! Jekyll 4.0.0 is finally here! 🎉
There’s quite a bit in this release to unpack, so let me hit the high points quickly:
- Ruby 2.4.0 or greater is now required.
- Rouge 3.0 or greater is now required for syntax highlighting.
- Jekyll builds should be much faster.
- Kramdown 2.1 is now the default markdown engine.
- Sass processing should be faster.
- We dropped support for a lot of stuff, specifically:
Alright, so with the high points out of the way, let’s get into the details a little bit.
Cache all the things! 💰
While some optimizations first made an appearance with Jekyll 3.8.0, Jekyll 4.0…